Faith and Endurance

Imagine wanting something so bad……getting it……then LOSING it! Imagine the doctors telling you in order for you to have what you really want you have to take several pills and go through several tests….only to find out it isn’t working either. Imagine being told you can’t have children at all! This is my story of Faith and Endurance. My husband and I were extremely happy when I became pregnant in 2007. We told our families in excitement not knowing I would have a miscarriage two months later. I was heartbroken and I became depressed. I didn’t want to speak to anyone, not even my husband at times. We tried for years to get pregnant and it seemed it wasn’t going to happen. Several years had passed and still nothing. I felt like God was torturing me because everywhere I went I saw babies……not just one or two…..but at times it felt like hundreds! I didn’t want to go anywhere. In the meantime, God was working on me. I went through a lot. In 2009 there were at least 8-10 people I knew who were pregnant. All while I was waiting on God’s promise to me. At the end of 2010 into the beginning of 2011, I was taking several infertility medications and they were not working. By March of 2011, I stopped because I just couldn’t take it anymore. At this point, God told me I had to go through this, just to let me know He was in control. He then proceeded to tell me to adopt and I broke down crying at my desk saying: “But you are God, and You can do ANYTHING, why not just give me my own child.” Needless to say my husband and I struggled with this. We went back and forth and finally in September of 2011 we told God if that’s what you want then fine, we surrender! We found an adoption agency, went through the paperwork, applied for help, because it’s expensive to adopt a child. Only to find out, we were not approved. At this point, I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t even tell my husband. I wasn’t mad at God; I just couldn’t understand why He would tell us to do that and it not work. Lo and behold I was sitting in Bible study November 22, 2011, and all I heard was go and get a pregnancy test. I thought I was tripping, having one of my many moments about conceiving a child. Well, I heard it two more times. So I said, ok God I’m going to buy a pregnancy test, but if it’s negative, I’m not telling my husband! I left Bible Study and went to Walgreens got my test and then went to Papa Johns to grab a pizza. I got home, said hello to my husband, and went straight to the restroom. I took the test, waited, and before the 3 minutes were up, there were two lines and I sat there in shock and began to cry, thanking God for keeping His promise. Afterwards, I ran in my bedroom and showed it to my husband and all he said was “I hope you’re not joking!”, and I said “I’m not!” We cried in each other’s arms thanking God for what He had done. Now we have a beautiful Baby boy named Zackery Josiah Green. Zackery means God has remembered and Josiah means God will save. He was born July 27, 2012. God is truly a promise keeper!!! What I’ll leave with you all is this…..NEVER be ashamed of trusting God’s word!

Author,
Shantae Green

31 thoughts on “Faith and Endurance

1. Paul Green says:

Yeah….we went through a lot! But when God says He’s gonna do it, THAT’S IT! Doesn’t matter who has an opinion, who doesn’t like it, who’s “turn” it is.I’m so glad I have a wife that trusts God with all her heart and hopefully many lives will be touched by our story. I love you!!!!

2. Carmella M. says:

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I appreciate it. You have shown patience and resiliency. This testimony shows that with God all things are possible… and in time He makes everything beautiful!!!

Heart Felt

3. Jamelia says:

Won’t he do it!!!! You guys are beautiful and fearfully and wonderfully made and awesome examples of young faithful God fearing people and i love you both. Im so grateful God gave me you two as perfect friends and siblings. I love you guys you are very appreciated

4. E Brown says:

I remember Paul telling me you guys were expecting. I was walking around truck stop in Indiana. I know people thought MY wife was the 1 having the baby. God has a time & it couldn’t have happened any better

5. Shacorey Jones says:

I really needed to read that especially with my current situation. I thank God for your testimony because it helps me during this trying time and it will truly help others

• Author Shantae Green says:

You’re so welcome! Trust me God knows exactly what He’s doing. It may not always seem like it, but He has everything under His control! Keep your head up Shacorey…your time is coming! If He can do it for me, I know He can & will do it for you!
      God Bless

6. Andrea Stephens-Moore says:

What an awe aspiring testimony! I’m so happy for you & Paul! As you know, Isaiah & I miscarried as well, but through our faith & patience, All Things are possible when you put our Almighty God First! We feel so blessed that God blessed us with our Angel & Princess, Ma’Lania. She is such a joy! Thank you for sharing, this testimony will truly inspire others! We love & miss you both! Blessings!

7. Author Neil McNeil says:

Talk about faith and endurance…..you and paul went through what was obviously a tough storm and prevailed simply because of faith…..his is such a touching story of God demonstrating how he may not always come when we want him but He is ALWAYS on time.

8. Kamilah LoverofMusic Austin says:

This brought tears to my eyes. Your testimony really opened up my eyes.. Even though Jayden was a birth control baby and I cried when I found out I was pregnant, God reinsured me that He makes no mistakes and that His timing is always right.. I’m so happy you and Paul didn’t give up.. Zackey is such a blessing and so adorable ..

9. Melody says:

I humbled and overwhelmed with joy to know I was one of the people God really impressed it upon to pray this little boy into the world and now here he is, strong and healthy and getting into all my jewelry! Lol!! I knew you were pregnant when you came to Tulsa for my concert in November 2011! Haha! This is such an encouraging story; every time I hear it, I’m reminded God is faithful to do what he said. I’m SO proud of you cousins! Never forget this level of faith that manifested God’s promise to you…there are many more promises to come!

• authorshantaegreen says:

Hmmmmm…You knew and didn’t tell me…lol…God is amazing! I remember you asking me in the hotel room, why was I so quiet. I told you that I was sleepy and you told me to get in the bed, but I said no because I would’ve missed your whole concert. Now I know why I was so quiet & tired. Thank you so much Mel for all of your prayers and midnight conversations. They meant so much to me. Only God knows how much! I love you to pieces my Mel Mel!!!

10. AMANDA TURNER says:

Pookie I can’t stop crying just reading your blog brings back all the talks we had … I knew GOD would make a way Im full of JOY AND HAPPINESS FOR YOU AND PAUL LUV U GUYS AND KISS YA TWIN FOR ME SMOOCHESSSSS…….So proud of U BFF 🙂

• authorshantaegreen says:

Thank you Meme for your encouragement! Especially with everything that you faced before you had your little guy. I know God truly loves us, for he blessed us both with the sweetest little boys ever. I love you to life! Smooches!

11. Jacinda says:

I love this passage. I remember this time and remember feeling helpless other than to pray for you. I truly love your faith. It helps strengthen my faith. The two of you…no the THREE of you are an excellent example of what it is to be RECOGNIZED by God and His favor. Your story is inspirational not just to those wanting children, but to anyone who needs to know how to keep their faith in God even when He says no or not yet. And I thank Him for you because being close to you makes me closer to Him.

• authorshantaegreen says:

Awwwww my Buggy! I’m so glad that God gave me you as a big sister. Lord knows I needed you. I am so grateful to have you in my life. You’ve been there from the beginning of my journey with Paul and I appreciate you. Even those times when I would just be breathing on the phone, imagining that I was cuddled up to you leaning on your shoulder. 🙂 I love you my Buggy…I even love that man you call your husband…lol…Coot you’re the best big brother ever!

12. Joshua dunlap says:

Wow, what a great story. God is so good and He is so faithful. I am so thankful that God placed both you and Paul in my life and I am extremely grateful to God that He answered your prayers for having a child and I commend you greatly for continuing to trust God and not give up hope. Zack is a great young boy who has Christ all over him. It’s amazing to see. He is a gift and a tremendous blessing to so many people. Praise God for His goodness. Love you guys. Enjoyed reading your testimony. . .

• authorshantaegreen says:

Awww…Thank you Josh! I’m so happy that God placed you in our lives as well…Zackery loves his Josh! You’re an awesome man of God and the best person for my cousin. I love you much! The best is here for you now! I can’t wait to see what happens next!